Sunday, March 8, 2009

Confessions of the couch search

As I write, Ben is upstairs rocking out on his electric guitar - something he hasn't done since before we got married. Apartment life doesn't lend it self well to electric guitars but houses do! Needless to say, we're enjoying the new house. We bought some essentials this weekend...like a couch and a TV! Oh and green towels! Couch is being delivered on Friday and pictures will surely follow.

The couch search was interesting. Yet another event where Ben and I see our differences and we get to "celebrate" them. As many of you can probably relate to, I want to look at EVERY possible couch to make sure I get the CUTEST one. I want to go to every store, near and far, cheap and expensive, to find the best one. As you also can relate to I'm sure, Ben's idea of the best couch is I can sit on it and its comfortable. Kinda like my idea of a good golf club is one that swings from right to left and isn't made of plastic. So, naturally, the first store has many couches that fit his strict qualifications while none meet my reasonable one of being the cutest possible. But being the sweet, kind, and understanding husband that he is, Ben had a wonderful attitude going to 4 different stores. He did even better with the fact that the first 3 seemed to have nothing that was suitable for me. Fortunately, the last store held the Cooper couch, on sale, and a lovely green. It was just meant to be.

Today we taught a lesson in Sunday School about being an effective witness at work with your co-workers. It was convicting for me teaching it. We went out to lunch at Fuddruckers after church with our class. Then in the afternoon, I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic with some girlfriends. I thought it was so cute and so funny. Very light and the romance was way cheesy, but still entertaining. All in all, a nice weekend.

No comments: