Saturday, January 12, 2013

Christmas part 3: Mississippi

On the Saturday after Christmas, we flew to Mississippi to visit Ben's extended family.  Ben's parents picked us up and we drove 3 hours to Cleveland, MS to see Ben's grandparents on his dad's side.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures from that trip because, well, I had the stomach flu.  Not fun!  
We stayed about 2 hours and then drove 3 more hours to Tupelo where we would stay for a few days.  Not the most fun drive ever I have to say.  
But we made it and I felt better by the next day thankfully.  


Pa is so great with Caleb.  He loves to bounce him and sit with him and Caleb enjoyed every minute of it!


Hello sweet heart!


We spent the time in MS just hanging out, a little bit of shopping, a good amount of eating, and of course card games!  


Caleb does this little two-fingered wave-ish thing.  I'm not sure why but I think it has something to do with trying to wave.  


Four generations!  Ben, Caleb, Pa, and Mark (Ben's dad)


Our family with Mimi and Pa on their 60th wedding anniversary.



We spent new year's eve with Ben's family and enjoyed just playing games, talking, and hanging out.  New year's day, we flew home and it was so so nice to be in our own home in our own bed.  
Over the next few days, I did about 6 loads of laundry, put all the clothes, stuff, and toys away that we had taken with us and got some order finally!  
It was a great holiday and we have some great memories of Caleb's first Christmas.
I have to admit though that Monday morning when everyone went bak to work was pretty nice just being in regular life and trying to remember what my normal routines are!  
I really do like just normal life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Christmas!! :) He is such a cutie! But I agree... getting back to normal life is always nice too!