Saturday, June 4, 2011

Good things

1. Today I bought two swimsuits at American Eagle for half the price of one at Dillard's.  Just call me Mrs. Thrifty Shopper.  And they're cuter too.

2. I'm adding back one by one in all the foods that I took out of my diet the last three months to see if they cause headaches.  Today and yesterday's food to add back in was chocolate.  Oh chocolate.  I haven't you in almost 3 months.  I had a kit kat at breakfast.  A mocha frapachino at lunch.  And then thin mints at dinner from the freezer that I had blocked out of my mind.  It has been delightful.  And the best part - I don't have a headache! (knock on wood). 

3. It's summer!!  And that means so so so many good things.  See previous post.

4. We're going on a last minute trip to Jamaica!  Soon!!!  We planned it last Wednesday.  Through email.  I'm so pumped!  Hence the need for the above mentioned swimsuit.  I also need huge beach towels, sun screen (I've been using the same bottle for about 6 years now), and beachy flip flops. 

5. This morning I had the opportunity to pray with several girls from my Bible Study class at Houston's First where I go to church.  It was refreshing, encouraging, powerful, and uplifting.  Prayer and fellowship are two wonderful gifts from the Lord.  Our focus today was perseverance.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I cannot believe you went three months without chocolate and you still have girl scout cookies in your freezer. I think all 4 of my thin mint boxes were gone in a couple weeks. Way to go! Have fun in Jamaica!