Sunday, May 22, 2011

Renegades of Craft

This past Saturday was a treasure hunt day.  Saturday morning, my neighborhood had their yearly garage sale.  I love garage sales, but apparently you have to be quite the early riser to get the big stuff.  One of our neighbors told us that there were people lining the streets at 6:30am waiting for the garage sales to open!  Wow.  And I thought we were doing good to get out there at 8am.  You would have thought it was a carnival with the number of cars lining our street.  Anyways, I was a little bummed because we forgot to get cash.  Ben had $8 and I had some change so we went out hopeful for low prices.  So with our $8, we got: a cute bag with an "L" on it, a cat house, a chopper (the food kind, not a motorcycle), a book about the black market (Ben's only purchase), and a window pane mirror.  And I got to meet some of my neighbors.  Below is the mirror I got.  I have aspirations to turn it into something like this from one of the craft blogs I regularly follow. 


The next treasure hunting event was at the Renegade Craft Fair in Austin.  I drove to Austin with my friend Holly and we braved this indie craft fair.  We were a little out of place, but our love of crafts helped us fit right in.  I got some fun vintage and not so vintage jewelry along with a cool journal made out of an old book.  Holly got some wonderful prints for her kitchen and living room.  Probably my favorite part though was all of the ideas I got for future crafts.  I can't wait to have some free time to do some of them! 

Top - one of the book pages prints Holly bought, bottom - the book turned notebook i bought
Oh and in between all the craftiness was a fun fun crawfish boil with lots of friends and babies.  A wonderful Saturday indeed.

1 comment:

Cherish_This said...

AAAHHHHHHH you went to the craft fair?!?!?!?! Did you forget I read this thing? ;) haha.