Monday, January 3, 2011

T-shirt Quilt Part 1

This weekend while Ben was golfing, I finally had time to start making my t-shirt quilt.  I've cut up all my old Maroon Out shirts, Grace retreat shirts, and Doulos shirts into 14" squares.  It was a little hard to cut the first shirt...I'm very sentimental...but once I got going, it was no big deal.  So now I've prepped everything and the next step will be the actual sewing!  If you  have any old Grace or Aggie shirts you were going to just throw out anyways, give me a shout!  I'm just a few short.  Here's what I did....

First, I cut 14" squares out of my t-shirts.
Next, I ironed on Pellon interfacing on the back of the t-shirts.

Carlos and Polly are always right there ready to help if necessary.  And ready to sit on anything I'm working on.  I can really count on them.
Finally, I cut out 14" squares of maroon flannel and also 13" or so squares of batting.  These 3 layers (t-shirt then batting then flannel) will then be sewn together to make one of the quilt squares.  And notice again Carlos' tail and Polly's little paws.  Right there.  All the time.

Stay tuned for Part 2...

No comments: