Saturday, January 29, 2011

Longest Run EVER

Today, I ran 4 miles!  This is my longest run ever and it gets me so close to my goal of a 10K.  I just finished with week 6 of my training schedule and that means I've only got 4 weeks to go.  The weeks are less intense from here on out (thank goodness) except for the once-a-week long run is really long.  Next week its 60 minutes and the week after that 75.  Anyways...I was thinking about where I was last year at this time and came across this post where I was happy to have made it to the 1.5 mile mark.  Now that's progress folks. 

Also today, if I can make it to Hobby Lobby at some point, I want to make this wreath inspired by my friend Holly.  I still have my berry Christmas wreath up and I have decided I never want my door to be without a wreath.  It just adds so much.  So I need a end of winter wreath that will last me until my egg wreath I'll put up in April.  And no, I haven't finished my other project, the t-shirt quilt, but I need a wreath NOW! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Lynn! I'm so impressed! I have no doubt you'll do great in the 10K. Love the wreath idea, too!

Holly said...

Way to go on your run! Make the wreath! Yours will be super cute! A friend of mine just made one & pinned the flowers on so she could change them out with the season. How's the quilt coming?