Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Calling all Cookie Recipes!

This Sunday, I am going to my very first cookie exchange.  I love cookies.  They are my weakness.  And I'm going to a party for COOKIES!  But I want to bring a really yummy, fun cookie.  Any suggestions?  I'm sure I can find a good one somewhere, I just am sure that one of you out there has an amazing cookie recipe that is your all-time favorite.  So, if you have one, I'd love to have it.  Or if you don't want to type out the recipe, you could just tell me the name of it.  Thanks!

3 comments:

Katie said...

You should try Lauren's cookies that she put on her blog. They are wonderful! They are called Homemade Peppermint Oreos.
http://robersonrecipes.blogspot.com/

Jana said...

I will have to double check this when I get home, but I am pretty sure this is the sugar cookie recipe I use. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/the-best-rolled-sugar-cookies/Detail.aspx
Found it online a couple years ago and wrote it in my cookbook, but I think that is where I originally got it.
Anyway, I know sugar cookies are not that exciting but these are great. I didn't like them at first because they didn't taste like normal sugar cookies, but then I realized they are the best ever because with icing they taste like the Lofthouse cookies, which I LOVE!!! If you don't recoginze the name Lofthouse - they are the ones they sell at Kroger (and the other grocery stores too) that have the thick colored icing and sprinkles -super soft and delicious.

I usually just use store bought icing, and I don't make shapes, just normal cookies.

Anyway, have fun at your party!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, maybe you could find a recipe for those amazing white chocolate and cranberry cookies we had at Cafe Express!