Monday, May 10, 2010

Baby Shower Fun

So, tomorrow afternoon after school, the other 3rd grade teachers and I are throwing a baby shower for our sweet Amanda, who is the other bilingual teacher with me in 3rd grade. I love throwing showers. I love making things special and preparing the food and being creative. So, I decided that it would be fun to attempt a diaper cake. A friend of mine made one recently and said it was pretty easy so I thought I could give it a try. I researched it on the Internet, read many how-to's, and even watched a how-to video on You Tube. It was fun to make and pretty easy. Here's how it turned out:


With a little monkey bottle as the cake topper!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I am SUPER impressed at your diaper cake!! Way to go Lynny! And I also love your new header! I might need you to show me how to do fun things like that with mine. And yes, I think we should talk to Katy about a HLK trip to H-town. I go to the DR July 16-25. I have a few weekend trips planned but nothing else real big. When are ya'll done with school?

meditations said...

Wow, do I have the most wonderful daughter-in-law!!! Both of my sons are blessed men.