Sunday, May 23, 2010

Adios Ikea

Little by little after we moved into our house last March, we have replaced hand-me-downs (and thank you for those by the way!) and Ikea furniture that we put together wrong with nicer furniture that ideally will last us a long time. It's our own and it is fun buying it together. One last thing that we have been wanting to replace is our bedroom furniture. It was from Ikea and it was lovely and served its purpose greatly in our little apartment but it is about to be moved to the guest room. Today, at a little seemingly hole-in-the-wall furniture place in Montrose called Color and Tailor, we bought a new bedroom set! It is adorable and fits the style of our home which I don't have a word for. We pick it up on Sunday and I can't wait!! Below is a picture of it. We are just getting the bed (not going to use the canopy part), nightstand and dresser.

So, thinking about all the free time I'm about to suddenly acquire, (it feels like a car hitting a brick wall), I am starting to plan some house projects that I want to do. One of them is curtains. We do not have one curtain in our house. Curtains are daunting to me. I just can't pick out a fabric.
Other projects include putting my name on Etsy for calligraphy and diaper cakes and other various crafts maybe. Also, finding other ways to get my name out to the world and let them know that I do calligraphy! Did you know I did that? Soon I will have a post solely dedicated to that. For now though, I'm going to enjoy my Sunday afternoon and rest up for the LAST full week of school for this year!!!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a beautiful bed! Enjoy your last week of school!