Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thanks Obama!

Last week, Ben got a brand new truck! We took Obama up on his offer for $3500 off our new truck if it met the requirements of 18 MPG or better. Also, our trade-in had to be 18 MPG or under and the new car had to be at least 2 better if it was truck. I think that was about how it went. Anyways, we met all requirements and took advantage. Ben got a 2009 Toyota Tacoma in the color Pyrite which is like a shimmery bronzy brown. Currently, its my favorite car color! Now my car is old news and we like to drive Ben's car around. Sweet Ben had been driving around without A/C in his old car. That's right, the past three Houston summers (temps into the 100's!) with no air to cut the heat. He would come home from work sweaty everyday. He has been so content with his old car and so kind to let me have the new car first. What a sweetheart. We look forward to many opportunities to use the truck. Thanks Obama for making it possible :).

4 comments:

Holly said...

woohoo! Thanks Obama! I'm excited about the tax credit for first time own buyers! Are ya'll getting that too?

But seriously, that's a sweet truck--I love the color too!

Jenny said...

ooooh that's nice! i do like the color.

meditations said...

Tell Ben Cooper that is a sweet looking truck

mkp said...

I love the color, it is really one of the most important things about any vehicle AND it will carry oh so many things to Houston/Katy!

I saw Julie and Julia today...its about cooking and blogging-a fun movie.