Saturday, February 21, 2009

You can't put me in a box




That's right! It's packing time! I have been a packing fool today. Call me crazy but it's actually kinda fun. Of course, we don't have that much stuff - so the job is not a big one. I keep getting these little waves of excitement. We're moving! Into a house! Our first one! We've filled our study with boxes and we're down to paper plates and plastic cups in the kitchen. All pictures, crosses, and other decorations are down off the walls and mostly in boxes. The only thing not boxed up is our clothes (I inevitably would pack something I'd want to wear this week) and a few basic essentials to cook with. It's bitter sweet I guess. Of course I'm so excited about our house, but I always get sentimental about closing a chapter whether it was my favorite one or not. Once its over, I can move on and enjoy the new spot but I'm always sad to end something. So this week, I will revel in the joys of apartmenthood. Free maintenance, small spaces to clean, and coziness. Oh how we have loved you Marquis on Eldridge. You have served us well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative with your words/this is so clever...why don't you want to be a writer? One more day...yeah!! Also, why is Ben reading God's Smuggler when he's supposed to be packing? Great book! I can't wait to see your new home, I love you.