Sunday, February 8, 2009

Life lately

Well, its been a relaxing weekend. On Friday night, we had our date night. We usually try to eat out either Friday or Saturday night just us. We've realized that date night cannot be at a fast food restaurant. One night recently, we went to Panda Express. It was less than Romantic, loud, and way too quick. So we went home, chilled a little and went out for dessert for a real date night. Anyways, this week, we went to Road House. Delicious! I saved half and had quite a lunch the next day.

Saturday, Ben played golf and I enjoyed a Lynn day. Those kinds of days don't come around too often anymore and they really catch me off guard when they do. At first I don't really know what to do with myself, but in the end, I enjoy the alone time. I cleaned out our study - it was full of junk, and mostly my junk. Ben is amazingly junk-free. Sometimes when I am tidying up and he is reading or something, I think, man, I hope he offers to help me clean. Then I look around and see that all the clutter is MINE. So I don't say anything until I've touched something of his, which usually ends up being never. Anyways, I watched You've Got Mail while I cleaned. I love that movie because all I have to do is listen and I can see the movie in my head because I've seen it so many times so its perfect for working to.

That night, our Bible Study class had a game night. It was super fun. I love games. Ben brought out the electronic monopoly game that we bought this week. He and 4 other guys played this game for the entire course of the evening! Such a feat of endurance. I played Scattergories and then Friends Scene-It.

Today was church and the sermon and Sunday School lesson were encouraging. After church, we had a fun lunch with friends and then we went to see He's Just not that into You. It was entertaining but I definitely don't agree with all their conclusions and viewpoints on relationships. Now, I'm just sitting here listening to the laundry dry and the swoosh every 5 seconds of my precious husband's golf swing. I love him so much! Soon we'll probably watch an episode of friends, tidy up, read some and get some rest.

No comments: