Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Two Good Christmases

Wow, how blessed Ben and I are. We spent the last week half in Arlington and half in Dallas with our sweet families. I am the youngest and Ben is the oldest which makes our families very different. In his, we are the oldest and the first to do everything. In mine, we're the youngest and in many things we are the last to do them. Both have their pluses and I absolutely love both!

In Arlington, we went shopping, watched a lot of What Not to Wear, and just sat around and chatted. We had Christmas with them on the night of the 23rd. Our Christmas dinner was delicious burgers from the grill with all the fixin's. Then we opened presents. Everyone was very pleased I think with their gifts. Last year, we started a tradition with Pat (Ben's mom) that she gets Cherish (my sister-in-law) and I purses. And every year, we're going to take pictures with our purses as you'll see below. I love new traditions!
We went to my family's house for Christmas eve lunch with my mom's side of the family. One of my cousins is getting married in the summer so we had fun talking about wedding and marriage details and issues. One thing we do every year is sing Christmas carols. Yep, we have song books and we all sit around and sing Christmas songs in the room to each other. It went well this year I think - more participation and organization. Something we added this year was acting out the Christmas story. We assigned parts - one to each of the 20 people in our house. We had a whole flock of sheep and shepherds, a group of angels, wise men, Mary, Joseph, and even one of the adults was baby Jesus. It was quite crazy. I was the narrator and I felt like I was directing my group of 3rd graders. What a sweet memory!

Christmas day with my family was great and then we went to see my grandmother in the afternoon and play dominoes with her. Ben won twice and I won twice. The rest of the week, Ben played golf two days with my dad in the crazy wind. I shopped with my sister Anne one day and then hung out with my sweet friends Jamie and Chelsea the next day. With my family, we saw Marley and Me and also Bedtime stories. Both were great movies and I'd recommend them to anyone. Here's some pics from the week. Happy New Year!
Cousin Emily and I as we are about to sing Christmas carols

Christmas day with my sweetie

Christmas day with my nephew Zach, sister Anne, me, and my mom


Cherish and I with our new purses! Excited faces!

Ben's mom with her new scarf and our new purses


2 comments:

Jenny said...

So glad ya'll had a great time with your family. We saw Marley & me too and loved it! :) It made me wanna come home and love on my puppy.

Hope to see ya'll soon! You look great in all those pictures. You're so cute with all your scarves :)

Claire said...

I loved hearing about ya'lls first married Christmas, the pictures were great too. I totally agree with Jen about Marley and me, I came home and snuggled with Cupcake. Thanks so much for your sweet message, you should see what todays update is ;)