Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cooper Christmas

Living in Houston, away from family, Ben and I like to have our own Cooper Christmas with just us two before all the big family Christmases. We are forming traditions for just our family. Since we are leaving Sunday for a Christmas week in Arlington and Dallas, this morning was Christmas morning at the Cooper residence. Last night we were exhausted from the week and went to bed earlier than usual for a Friday night. I will refrain telling you the exact early time lest we be embarrassed at how uncool it was. Anyways, at about 6am this morning, I heard Ben tossing and turning and whispered "Are you awake?" so as not to wake him up if he really was asleep. I heard a frustrated reply of "Yes." We both tried to fall back asleep but just couldn't. Going to bed at the normal time of weekday nights made us want to wake up normal weekday time. So about 6:30am we got up and started breakfast. Why is it so easy to get up at 6:30am when you don't have to? We made Grands cinnamon rolls (our new tradition) for breakfast with coffee. Then we read through the Christmas story in Matthew and Luke. I have been stuck anew with how amazing of a story and a gift it is that Jesus came to Earth for you and me. Just incredible.

Afterwards, we opened presents. I got a really sweet necklace and bracelet and Ben got a new video game. In our excitement, we went to play the new game and were met with the red ring of death for the XBOX 360. This is a new term for me but apparently the XBOX dies after a while and the on light goes red. It's kinda creepy actually. And sad. So we have to send it to the XBOX doctor to be fixed. Moving on, we looked at some more houses online and debated about built, new, old, big, 2-story, small, bedrooms, kitchens etc. So many decisions and options. Any advice on the home-buying process is advisable or if you know of a good realtor that would be helpful as well. At any rate, it was a sweet Christmas morning for the Benjamin Douglas Coopers.

Today we'll just be wrapping presents, getting together a few last minute Christmas things and cleaning our apartment so that we come back to it nice. Tomorrow is church and then heading off to the Dallas area.

3 comments:

Me said...

Hi Lynn - I wish my hubby and I had listened to Dave Ramsey before we bought our house! He has some resources on his website, as well as links to his Endorsed Local Providers for Real Estate.

I would definitely use his ELP for a realtor in the future, and would do a lot of other things he advises if I had it to do over again!

Especially on the mortgage part - if you want a little more info, I can give you a brief summary of what we did that I wouldn't do again in an e-mail - just e-mail me at carissa.d.rosen@nasa.gov if you're interested!

Anonymous said...

Eric just got the ring of death on his XBOX. He just went online and printed the free shipping lable and shipped the system off. He got it back in just a week and now it works fine!
What drama! haha

Anonymous said...

opps....

That was me, Jamie in the post above if you could not tell by the mention of Eric. :)