Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Christmas

Tonight we went and got a tree and some decorations. And, to our great surprise, when we got to Lowes, ALL the Christmas decorations (including fake trees!) were half off. Yes friends, 50% off! Oh it was so exciting. We got a tree and stockings and a few other Christmas goodies. It was a nice evening out. I can't wait to set up the tree and get things lookin' all Christmasy. I'll post a pic when its all done. Today coming home, I listened to Amy Grant Christmas for the first time this year. Any fans? It's one of my favorite Christmas albums. One goal I have for this Christmas season is to not get side tracked with gifts, decorations, and events and really focus on being thankful for and worshiping Jesus whom we celebrate on Christmas. I think in past years, I haven't done as good a job at that so I want to do better this year. There is a lot more joy in that as well. We'll still do the other things but I don't want them to be the main event this year.

Some random thoughts....

We watched The Office tonight. It was a funny one. I'm so glad Pam is back because she makes the show a lot better in my opinion.

Tomorrow night we have a Christmas party with our Sunday School class and I'm bringing Peppermint bark...mmmmm!

Tomorrow is Friday and that equals my Friday latte from Starbucks, a lighter day at school, leaving earlier, fun night plans and staying up later than normal. So fun.

2 comments:

Me said...

ooohhh! Can you share your peppermint bark recipe? I tried making some last year (just made it up as I went along), but it just didn't come out like I had hoped. I would love a good recipe since I love the stuff, but am unwilling to pay the price they usually want for it in the store!

meditations said...

I want the recipe, as well. I have the college Christmas party at our house next week and would love to have this.