Sunday, November 9, 2008

Just 30 minutes

So, today I started a 30-minute work out plan. I have never been consistent at working out. I've never loved sports, and I've never loved working out. In first grade I went to one day of the little kiddie softball practice and decided it wasn't for me. I wanted to watch Garfield after school instead of do sports. I love outdoors but I'd rather be having a picnic or taking a walk than running. But, I've come to the point where I don't really have a choice for 2 reasons. The obvious reasons for working out haven't motivated me enough - more energy, just plain being healthy, and all the happy endorphins. But for the past couple years, I've had consistent headaches - not migraines but bad enough to be not fun at all. So, I've been told several times lately that working out really really helps them so that's motivation #1. #2 is that I haven't been sleeping very well lately. Sometimes I'm stressed out because of school but other times I'm really just thinking about tons of random stuff and can't fall asleep. I've been told and have experienced that working out really helps that also. So, I've come to the point where its headaches and no sleep or working out plus all the other benefits. So, for today (and hopefully a lasting amount of time), I choose working out.

So then comes the question...what do I do??? I've always been a person that backs away from something that's complicated to implement or that I don't quite understand how to do. Working out is one of those things to me. There's so many theories and different workouts that you can do. I've heard so many different little facts about how long, how intense, and just what you do in your workout that I was left with no clue as to which is best. So, today, I looked on WebMD about working out. It took me to a site about a 30-minute workout. It gave step by step what resistance training exercises to do and then a block of cardio and even exactly how to do that. It told me how long and how often and said results would follow after consistently working out. I found it here, just in case any of you have come to the same delimma that I have. Now if you go there and you have a better idea for me, please please let me know. But that is what I did tonight and I feel sufficiently worked out and ready to sleep. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always have Tony Little(guy with the fake looking pony tail) workout videos lol. They work for me :) This made me realise I probably need to start working out... Good luck working out. love you!!

meditations said...

I just adore my two daughter-in-laws! You make life so fun. Guess what, me and Cherish are going shopping this Saturday to update her image. How fun is that? She warned me about picking gross stuff so I am going to try so hard. Wish you could be here to go with us. We are all three going the day after Thanksgiving.Get ready for that big day. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

BRAVO!! "mom says" first just start doing something (like walking) that you enjoy...then while walking you can figure out what else is good to do, and you'll be getting stronger as you go! Sorry for posting momsense publicly...I guess that is blogging?

BRAVO FOR TAKING ON BRAVE THINGS! But...you were GREAT at volleyball. I love you!