Tuesday, November 13, 2012

First Foods

Last week, we started solid foods!  
I decided to forgo rice cereal and skip right on ahead to fruits and vegetables.  
We started with sweet potatoes.  
I made it a little too thick at first and Caleb was gagging and didn't eat much of it at all.  
The next couple days, I thinned it out a lot and he loved it.  
Then we tried avocado and it wasn't his favorite but I'll keep trying and with different combinations.  Today, we tried bananas which he enjoyed.  
But what he loved the most was tonight when I mixed bananas and sweet potatoes.  
It was like sweet potato casserole!  I had a taste...it really was delicious.  


I started putting him in the high chair to get used to it a couple weeks ago.  


I used the Beaba Babycook to cook the food and then puree it.  


He wasn't too sure about the solid food.


He still is making this confused face when he eats like "What is this?!"


I tried giving him pieces of avocado.  He couldn't pick them up so I just mashed them in my fingers and put it on his tongue.  He liked it like that better than pureed.


As always, our happy boy!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Sounds like he is off to a good start with his solids! :) Love that last photo of his big smile. Happy boy! That machine looks great!!