Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Meal Plan

I love figuring out systems that work.  I'm not naturally organized so I have to rely on systems to keep me in line.  In teaching, I had figured a good planning system that worked for me - my paper agenda and sticky notes.  I felt lost without them.  I wrote down my to-do list and all my work events for the week.  My social calendar was on my iPhone synced with Ben's.

It's taken me a little while to figure out what system really works for me at home, but for now, I think I've finally found one that I like.  I tried a to-do list on my fridge but I would forget about it and would think of to-dos all the time when I wasn't by my fridge.  Now I keep them on my phone and that's working well.

My social calendar is still on my iPhone synced with Ben's but I had more I wanted to schedule - my small part time editing work and my exercise.  So I printed out the JDC monthly calendar and put it on my fridge with my meal planner and grocery list.  I'm enjoying this system for now and its pretty :).




Here's this week's food:

DINNER

Monday: Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sause from Skinny taste, salad
Tuesday: Turkey Burgers with Bible study
Wednesday: Lynn dinner out with friends
Thursday: Grub Rub grilled chicken, sweet potatoes and sugar snap peas
Friday-Sunday: GIRL'S (plus baby) TRIP!!

LUNCH

Ben: PB & Honey, double fruit, almonds, Oatmeal chocoalte chip cookies,
Lynn: Salad similar to this one from ST plus crock-pot chicken

BREAKFAST

Ben: Oatmeal muffins with chocoalte chips instead of blueberries
Lynn: Oatmeal with frozen blueberries, a little milk, and agave nectar

Happy cooking!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I really love this idea. I am going to have to check that site out. I love lists and planning so it would be great for me to have so handy on the fridge. Thanks for sharing your meal plans. Looks tasty! :)