Sunday, August 23, 2009
Lunch after church with friends, laughter
Errands with my sweet Ben
New pencils and erasers
Reading, kitties in my lap
Spaghetti, dinner together, leftovers for lunch
Making no bake cookies
In bed early
Kids come tomorrow!
Could it get any better?
Sunday, August 16, 2009
1. Time with teacher friends. I love my 3rd grade team, and its fun to spend time with people who know your field. You can make jokes like "There's no child left untested" and everyone gets it. (Someone said that at a workshop I went to).
2. My sweet kiddos. Some of my favorite conversations are the ones I have walking the track at recess with my kids. They are so easy to talk to and you can count on them to be completely honest.
3. Speaking Spanish. This year, my school is going to a 50/50 model of Spanish/English. I will be learning so many new words this year and getting to speak a lot of Spanish. Can't wait!
4. Routine. I'm one of those people who loves it. I am so much more productive and get more done when I have a routine to follow.
5. Working Hard. A month into school, I'll be wishing for a lot less of this, but during summer, its in short supply. Everyone needs a break, yes, but I'm about done with mine. I've relaxed enough and I'm ready to join the rest of the productive world.
6. Forced healthiness. I walk around my classroom and the school all day constantly and sometimes very fast - thus forced exercise. Also, I have a forced eating schedule. Breakfast, morning snack during specials, lunch, snack after school and dinner. During summer, eating is a possibility at any moment and sometimes its hard to say no.
I went back to school last Wednesday and the kids come back on the 24th. This week, we've got meetings, time to work in our classrooms, meet the teacher and time for planning. Should be a nice week!
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Amanda, me, Jennifer, and Ana (3rd and 2nd bilingual at my school)
I also go the treat of seeing Lindsey, my sweet friend and roommate from college. She came to visit her boyfriend and so she stayed at my house Thursday night. Ben played golf Friday morning so we got to wake up, drink coffee, and make breakfast just like old times. Such a gift from the Lord.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Saturday, we went to Fiesta Texas. I had not been to a theme park like that since early college or maybe even High School. In High School, I absolutely loved roller coasters. This time I did enjoy them, but, I have to admit, not as much as I did before. The jerkiness was not so exciting as much as it was a potential headache. But the one ride I will never get tired of is "The Scream" called the Superman ride in Arlington. It shoots you way up and then drops you down. The most fun ride. Ever. Below is me pretending to ride one of the rides. The picture was supposed to be more zoomed in so that it looked more real, but the photographer was notified of this request. So instead I just look silly.
Saturday night was another delicious dinner on the river walk. Sunday, we drove to San Marcos to go to the HUMONGOUS outlet mall. Oh my, I had forgotten how big it actually was. I have to say though, I did not make the shopping queens proud this weekend. I pooped out on the first third of shops and was ready to go. Ben probably would have kept shopping and actually bought a lot more than I did. I was hungry and it was way too crowded. So we drove down to Gruene, Texas which is along the Guadalupe River. We ate at the Gristmill - a gorgeous little restaurant on the river. We had a nice time together and came back very relaxed and refreshed.
Changing subjects, I went to the eye doctor today and I need glasses. I see it more as a new accessory (just one I actually need). They're really just for reading and such, but I'm kinda excited. Hopefully it will help with my headaches as well. I'll post a picture when I get them.